Friday, December 7, 2012

Rania Sleem in Chandigarh, India




 

My name is Rania Sleem from Egypt. I'm a fresh graduate of the faculty of pharmacy. One of my biggest dreams was to join a student exchange program and I have finally made it happen through AIESEC.



I am really happy that I had the opportunity to have this internship here in india.

Dealing with new people is very interesting and you get to benefit a lot from exchanging different ideas and thoughts and experiencing cultural diversity.

The interns were friendly and helpful, we were like family.

At first, I was very afraid, because this was my first time to travel on my own without my family but now I can say that I am very happy that I did this.
I became more stronger, capable of facing problems by myself, capable of dealing with different people and I became more independent.

I became a new person.


I will miss all of the interns :( 

India is a very diverse country, you can find every thing there. You can find: Snow, beaches, mountains, rivers, temples, mosques, villages, wild life, civilized areas, etc.


India is the country of bollywood movies.

  

I had the opportunity to taste the indian food, which was made of the amazing spices :)



Indian people are friendly and are always happy, they make you feel comfortable, I always had the feeling that I was in my own country, not thousands of miles away.


I worked in a school called Governmental Secondary Senior School. This school is in Chandigarh, which is a beautiful city, very similar to the area of Maadi in Egypt. I really enjoyed working there.
I was giving English Classes to Children, which was really interesting.

In the beginning, it was difficult to deal with the children, as they did not understand any English, but after a while I really enjoyed teaching the kids and playing with them.

This made me learn how to deal with people even, if they don't understand me .
The staff was very friendly, I liked them so much and they were like my family.


I loved kids in this school <3


Travelling was one of the important parts of my experience in India.

I visited many many places and cities.

One of the best places I visited was the Golden Temple in Amritsar.


It's made out of real gold, which is fascinating.


Another beautiful place was Manali.


Manali is of great significance to Indian culture and heritage

I also visited Goa, which was amazing. It's like heaven on earth.









My last day in India was one of my best days . I spent this day with an indian family. They cooked me typical Indian food which was very delicious and the family was very friendly and lovely.


Finally, I would like thank AIESEC Cairo University, which had a huge impact on changing my personality and the way I think.

BYE BYE INDIA :)

No comments:

Post a Comment