Monday, October 22, 2012

Mariem Ibrahim in Vizag, India



Travelling abroad alone for the first time was an impossible idea but with AIESECI DID it. It was the greatest experience ever, even it had lots of ups and downs but still I got the chance to travel to India (bollywood) the country that I am in love with. First thing I faced was missing my domestic flight which was super funny for me :D:D Once I stepped into India, I found myself in Egypt but with the Indian touch!!!! I'm in a dreaaaam :D There is something in common when it comes to the way they talk and move, but with some differences in the facial expressions.. just like the movies.

Suddenly, I realized that I am really facing the greatest thing ever; The true meaning of friendship, love and family. I had families from all over the world, not only from Egypt and India.



My first hours in Vizag, after staying nearly 12 days in Hyderabad, was the most pleasant experience ever, as I got to be friends with everyone only in few hours..the sweetest friends I have met and will ever meet in my entire life. The interns from different countries, whom I was with, became like my real brothers and sisters thatI will never forget.



The rumor about indian food being the spiciest is true, especially in “Vizag” , the city I was in ;) I am not used to eating spicy food, but What can I do? I just had to !

The idea of being independent helped me understand the world around me and traveling with AIESEC is a chance which everyone has to seize. You will have the chance to develop yourself, your mentality, your friendship, and you will get to know new cultures and finally find out about the real reason of your existence.


Even if I went to india on my own in the future, it won’t be like my experience with AIESEC because AIESEC helped me fulfill my need of self recognition.

Thank you AIESEC for everything <3





No comments:

Post a Comment