Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Salma Wahba in Chandigarh, India


Usually, when it comes to India I always get speechless because I don't think the incredible beauty of India can be described in words. India is indeed incredible. Actually, everything about India is incredible, the food, the culture, the food, the music and of course, the people.



I had my internship in a city called chandigarh, which is very similar to maadi here in Egypt. It is very quiet, clean and full of foreigners. 




I have stayed for about 8 weeks and have worked in an NGO called Indian National Portage Association, which has dealt with several issues concerning disabled children.


I was always obsessed with India, the music, the movies and was always fascinated by the amazing history, traditions and beauty this incredible country has.


 


India is a combo of everything, it has beaches, mountains, deserts, civilized areas, snow, rivers and infinite amount of temples to visit. Indians are very traditional and value dearly the fact that you are interested in knowing them. They are absolutely generous and are unbelievably nice. They have this mixture of being traditional and modern at the same time, which is a fact that has fascinated me. 








I have visited mostly the northern part of India, I have seen the incredible beauty of the Taj Mahal, have visited the beautiful golden temple in amritsar, have fed a monkey and have been on too many adventures that words cannot even describe.




India reminded me of DisneyLand, because it is such a happy place, full of positive energy and just too good to exist in this world. Who said heaven doesn't exist on earth?




What is more than awesome, is the bond that I had with my roommates, which were interns from different and various countries. We were living for two months in one house, so you can imagine how close we got. We have become one family, and I am sure now that I have a house in every country, besides, the many many houses that are ready to welcome me anytime in India.




Thank you AIESEC CU for this amazing experience, without it, I would not have been the person I am today. I LOVE INDIAAA!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment